ASBMT Pharmacy SIG Advocacy & Policy “Toolkit”
ASBMT Advocacy Archive - ASBMT is working on your behalf in Washington, DC to address the policy issues that are important to you. Here you will find an archive of news articles and columns covering ASBMT's recent advocacy activity.
Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA)
- Biosimilars ‒ Ensure that biosimilar drugs reach the market but do not impact patient safety.
- Counterfeit Drug Prevention – Describes the issue of counterfeit drugs and recommendations for legislative changes that aid in the prevention of counterfeit drug availability in the U.S. market.
- Drug shortages – Address the growing oncology drug shortages which prohibit patients from accessing or receiving the agents necessary for the treatment of cancer and cancer-related symptoms.
- H.R. 592/S. 314 Fact Sheet – Support the hematology/oncology pharmacist as an essential component of patient care and recognize them as providers under Medicare Part B.
- Oral chemotherapy – Improve access to oral chemotherapy for all patients; develop guidelines to promote safety in ordering, dispensing, and administering oral chemotherapy
- Pain Management ‒ Ensure the responsible use of and access to pain medications for cancer patients
- Role of the hematology/oncology pharmacist – Promote and improve patient safety by realizing the value and role that hematology/oncology pharmacists play in healthcare delivery.