ASTCT Fellows Program
Appointment as an ASTCT Fellow in our professional society is designed to honor exceptional achievement and service within our member community. This distinction recognizes ASTCT members for their volunteer service, dedication, and commitment to ASTCT. Recipients have carried out efforts that benefit ASTCT, the specialty of transplantation and cellular therapy, and the patients whom they serve. Meeting the minimal requirements to be considered for ASTCT Fellow status does not guarantee appointment as an ASTCT Fellow. The peer-review phase of the application process, along with the achievement of the minimum requirements, will ultimately determine if appointment to Fellow status is achieved.
Members who receive the Fellows status will be eligible to use the FASTCT designation, and will be recognized at the annual member meeting.
ASTCT Members are eligible to receive the Fellow designation if they meet the following criteria, and have accumulated 100 or more points based on the structure outlined below. For the inaugural class of 2020, only points earned from activity within the last ten years (Jan 1, 2009 - Dec 31, 2019) will be considered.
- ASTCT member in good standing for at least 10 consecutive years immediately preceding the application period
*Please note to be eligible as an ASTCT Fellow in 2020, you must have maintained membership in ASTCT since December 31, 2009
- Curriculum vitae that includes evidence of distinguished service to ASTCT and the field of transplantation and cellular therapy, and influential, high-impact research relative to the field of transplantation and cellular therapy
- Evidence of outstanding performance in transplantation and cellular therapy over a period of at least ten years relative to service
- Recommendations* in writing from at least two current ASTCT members in good standing, which outlines service and contributions to ASTCT
At least one recommendation letter must be from a current ASTCT Board Member or Committee/SIG Chair
- Proof a high degree of professional development and a commitment to the goals and long-range activities of ASTCT
- Current photo of the applicant