Complete the online application for ASTCT Travel Grants. The online submission system closes on November 14, 2019.
Online applications must be accompanied by letters of support from the applicant’s training program director and an ASTCT member. (If the training program director is an ASTCT member, one letter is acceptable.) Applicants must be:
- ASTCT In-Training Members (or must have applied for membership by Oct. 31)
- Enrolled in an accredited training program (including, but not limited to, BMT, cellular therapy, hematology/oncology, infectious diseases or immunology)
- Recommended in writing by an ASTCT member and by their training program director
- Listed as an author on an abstract accepted for the 2020 TCT Meetings
Preference will be given to applicants who do not have sufficient institutional or external funding to attend the TCT Meetings.
Winners of a travel grant within the last three years are not eligible.
Applicants should complete the online application via the button below and submit their supplementary materials to Kelsey Redman at kredman@ASTCT.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed online submission form
- A one-page (maximum) personal statement, including:
- A description of current employment status
- A statement of financial need that indicates no other financial or external support for attendance
- A list of the applicant's scheduled activities at the Annual Meeting (e.g., presenting an oral or poster abstract, participating in a CIBMTR Working Committee), including the title and abstract number of proposal(s) that have been accepted
- A description of the applicant’s qualifications for an award, expected contributions to the Annual Meeting and anticipated benefits of attendance for scholarship and vocation
- A current curriculum vitae, preferably in the NIH Biographical Sketch format
- Letters of support from the applicant's training program director and an ASTCT member (if the training program director is an ASTCT member, one letter is acceptable.)
Applicants will be notified in early December 2019.
Travel grant winners will receive a discount code to apply when they register for the TCT Meetings to receive the early registration rate, or will be issued a refund if they have already registered. Travel grant checks will be distributed at the conference registration desk on-site.
After the TCT Meetings, travel grant winners may be asked to complete a survey about their contributions to the meeting and the benefits of the meeting to their scholarship and vocation.
Questions? Contact Kelsey Redman at kredman@ASTCT.org.