Complete the online application for ASBMT Travel Grants. The online submission system closes on November 15, 2018.
ASBMT will present 15 $500 travel grants to U.S./Canada-based fellows and two $750 travel grants to international fellows to attend the 2019 TCT Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR, Feb. 20–24, 2019, in Houston, TX. Travel grant winners will also receive the early registration rate for the meeting.
The grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to ASBMT In-Training Members who have submitted an abstract for the meeting.
Online applications must be accompanied by letters of support from the applicant’s training program director and an ASBMT member. (If the training program director is an ASBMT member, one letter is acceptable.) Applicants must be:
- An ASBMT In-Training Member (or must have applied for membership by Oct. 31)
- Enrolled in an accredited training program (including, but not limited to, BMT, hematology/oncology, infectious diseases or immunology)
- Recommended in writing by an ASBMT member and by their training program director
- Listed as an author on an abstract accepted for the 2019 TCT Meetings
Preference will be given to applicants who do not have sufficient institutional or external funding to attend the TCT Meetings.
Winners of a travel grant within the last three years are not eligible.
Applicants should complete the online application via the button below and submit their supplementary materials to Kelsey Redman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed online submission form
- A one-page (maximum) personal statement, including:
- A description of current employment status
- A statement of financial need that indicates no other financial or external support for attendance
- A list of the applicant's scheduled activities at the Annual Meeting (e.g., presenting an oral or poster abstract, participating in a CIBMTR Working Committee), including the title and abstract number of proposal(s) that have been accepted
- A description of the applicant’s qualifications for an award, expected contributions to the Annual Meeting and anticipated benefits of attendance for scholarship and vocation
- A current curriculum vitae, preferably in the NIH Biographical Sketch format
- Letters of support from the applicant's training program director and an ASBMT member (if the training program director is an ASBMT member, one letter is acceptable.)
Applicants will be notified in early December 2018
Travel grant winners will receive a discount code to apply when they register for the TCT Meetings to receive the early registration rate, or will be issued a refund if they have already registered. Travel grant checks will be distributed at the conference registration desk on-site.
After the TCT Meetings, travel grant winners may be asked to complete a survey about their contributions to the meeting and the benefits of the meeting to their scholarship and vocation.
Questions? Contact Kelsey Redman at email@example.com.