Those who registered for the webinar and all ASBMT members were sent a link to a recording of the webinar.
| CAR-T Coding and
Was held November 2, 2017 | 10-11AM CT
* FREE for ASBMT Members *
($75 for non-members)
Using Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy is one of the most promising new adoptive immunotherapy approaches for patients with certain types of leukemia and lymphoma. As the first products have been approved, clear coding and reimbursement challenges have been identified. Two new ICD-10-PCS codes for CAR T went into effect on October 1, 2017. The new codes are payer and product agnostic, meaning they can be used with all payers and for all CAR T products. The webinar will highlight these challenges and discuss ways in which ASBMT is advocating for solutions.
Goals of the session:
- Provide updated information on CAR-T access models
- Share ASBMT recommendations on coding for CAR-T
- Discuss concerns with CMS reimbursement for CAR-T
Helpful handout: CAR-T Coding Guidance Document
- Stephanie Farnia, ASBMT Director of Health Policy and Strategic Relations
- Jugna Shah, MPH, a nationally recognized health care policy expert and President and Founder of Nimitt Consulting Inc.
- Valerie A. Rinkle, MPA, a lead regulatory, reimbursement, Medicare and Medicaid specialist and instructor
- Jim Gajewski, MD, ASBMT Practice Policy Consultant