Stefanie Sarantopoulos, MD, PhD
Sophie Paczesny, MD, PhD
Belinda Avalos, MD
The Committee on Diversity and Inclusion is charged with ensuring that ASTCT fosters a diverse and inclusive environment for both leaders and members.
- Use data and demographic information provided by Women, Under Represented Minorities (URM) and Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transsexual/Queer (LGBTQ) SIG to determine baseline starting point
- To increase the numbers of women and under-represented minorities in leadership positions on the executive committee by at least 20% each year until achieved and maintained.
- To assertively recruit women, URM and LGBTQ members starting at the resident and fellow levels
- Review the composition of the board and the committees after elections.
- Monitor Scientific Committee for diversity and make recommendations
ASTCT Staff Liaison Co-Leads: Kelsey Redman and Kyra Newman